Thursday, June 28, 2012

Easy Caviar Manicure

Few weeks ago I got the Ciaté Caviar Manicure set from Sephora.


I got the white version which is called the mother of pearls.

 


You can also get it in Rainbow and Black Pearls.



The set comes with one nail polish, small nail beads, a small funnel and a plastic case to collect all the beads in. It also comes with a full set of instructions so it is really easy to use.


Something that I really like about Ciaté is the super cute nail polish bottles. Those little bows are just so adorable.

Now here is the result of my Ciaté manicure.


And here is how I did it.

1. Prepare your nails


As a base coat I used Orly's Nail Defense and treated my cuticles with Nail Trek cuticle oil.


2. Apply two coats of the Ciaté nails polish



Now, the instructions only tell you to apply nail polish but to make the manicure last longer I added a top coat as well.


I used the Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat which I think is the best top coat around.

3. Quickly apply the beads before the nail polish dries off


This is where the plastic case comes into use. I mean it can be really messy when adding the beads. Those suckers just like to jump around.


Just place your finger over the plastic case, drizzle the beads on top of your nail and press them gently in. Do not press too much.



When you're done just simply put the nozzle on the nail polish bottle and pour all the fall out beads back to the bottle.




And there you go. Super easy and quick manicure.


Now, the manicure in itself does not last for very long (two or three days), especially if you did not use any top coat to really glue the beads on. But it is super cute, easy and quick manicure.

You can also do your own nail manicure set. Just use any nail polish that you have and mini beads from arts and crafts store. However, bare in mind that the beads are not meant to be used as nail decorations so they might have some toxicants in them which are not necessarily good for you.

What do you think? Have you tried the caviar manicure?

You can get the Ciaté Manicure set from here.


The manicure set pictures are from www.ciate.co.uk.


No comments:

Post a Comment