Monday, August 13, 2012

Mosquito bites = black pantyhose

I am spending the last few days of summer wearing black pantyhose or pants everyday. Why? Well, I spent a week up north and ended up being bitten all over my legs by mosquitos and biting midges. Nasty little buggers. You can protect yourself from mosquitos with mosquito spray but there's no way to hide from the biting midges, other than covering yourself in tar (not my favoite option) or just staying inside.

So as a result from my northern Finland expedition my legs look like I have had the worst case of chickenpox. Obviously not scratching the bites would have prevented this.... But it just was so darn itchy!!!

Anyway, the point that I want to make with this post (yes there is one) is that it is really hard to find good quality pantyhose. I have long time ago given up on buying pantyhose from the convenient stores or super markets. If you're in luck you can make the covenient store crap last in good shape for maybe few weeks before you get a hole in them. So annoying. Using nailpolish or hairspray to fix the holes in the pantyhose just gets so tiredsome and pointless after awhile.

So after a long and painfull hunt for the perfect pantyhose I found one. I fell in love the DIMs. They just make some really good quality pantyhose. They last in good shape for  a very long time, no holes no nothing. They feel super comfy on you and they have a thin waist strap so that not everyone can see your love handels or the awkward fact that you are wearing pantyhose. The best part is that after a wash they do not have any fuzz or nap on them.

I just had to share this big revelations with you.

Enjoy the last days of our short summer and do not scratch!!!

You can find DIM pantyhose for example here.

No comments:

Post a Comment