Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dip dye clown nails

Few days ago I did this dip dye nail design.


Now, this experiment might not have been the most successful one. My nails look like something straight out of a clown show. However, I am going to share with you a small tutorial on how to do this dip dye nail design. Because.... well, why not :D


I started off by painting my nails white with Ciaté snow virgin. This color has become one of my favorite whites. It is really pigmented and only two layers is usually enough.


In order to achieve that dipped slowly fading look you need a sponge. Brush some nail polish on the edge of the sponge. The color I used here was Nyx girls grape fruit which turned out to be entirely wrong color for this design and really hard to work with. It is not really pigmented so I had to put on several layers.


The next thing you have to do is start dabbing your nail with the sponge. Add several layers depending what kind of look you want to achieve. To get the fading effect dab only one or one really light layer on the part were you want your color to fade in. Alternatively, you can add a little bit of the polish on the tip of your nail and dab it with the sponge to fade it out.


I finished my look with Seche Vite top coat.



There you go. Simple, huh? If you're looking for more subtle effect contrast to this circus look, use two similar shades were the other one is for example more of a darker shade and the other one more lighter.

Hah, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment